Keyword research techniques for SEO are the most essential topic nowadays. To grow website traffic and search engine rankings, keyword research is the vital stage overall. Every website or niche needs proper keyword research otherwise the website can’t be fruitful. Not only websites but also social media accounts need keyword research techniques. Here we’ll show how to implement this technique on your website, how to use keyword tools and some prominent websites for free keyword researching. Let’s get started!
What is Keyword Research
First, we have to inform you about the term “keyword”. A keyword is a set of search items or words. It is neither a single letter nor a long sentence. If we write any word, it is called the tag. A couple of words make a tagline. The more words, the expected keyword. For example, if you have a fashion blog or youtube channel, and you wanna publish some content; you have to research keywords first. These keywords might be “top 10 fashion designers”, “fashion designing as a career”, “best fashionable sneakers for her”, etc.
Look at the bold words here. It represents your fashion blog properly. So when people search for fashion things, these keywords come in the first place. Here, fashion is the main keyword and the others are subsidiaries. Sometimes people search for long keywords. These are familiar with “long-tail keywords”. Mostly, long-tail keywords start from “how-to”, “top __ Xyz”, etc. Even online surfers ask long-tail questions and search engines count those as long-tail keywords, recently.
For SEO stages, keyword research techniques are mandatory. An SEO expert always researches keywords before submitting any content on the website. The content might be an article or product reviews or youtube videos. For an article, this research technique needs to follow the competition among other sites, estimated article length or word counts, structure, outlook, and other parameters. Keyword research is critical for SEO since it allows you to reach a bigger audience and get more qualified leads.
The basic goal of SEO is to increase visibility. You may also improve your SERP ranks by including high-traffic keywords within your website. Additionally, individuals looking for your services will find you more simply. According to studies, the bulk of site clicks go to the first five organic rankings, therefore you should strive for the top. And as your company becomes more visible, your chances of turning potential leads into loyal clients improve.
Keyword Research Methods
- For those who want to use keyword research tools for free, semscoop is highly recommended. Semscoop allows 10 searches (free) every day from one IP. So, if your free trial is completed, you can use VPN to change the IP and try again.
- A lot of mobile apps, android apps, and iPhone apps are available for keyword research plus SEO. You can download them for free and use them for your website. But there’s always a restriction for free usage.
- Try organic research methodology for a while unless you buy digital marketing tools. Organic methods are accurate, clean, and legal ways to grow steadily.
- Use tactics and skills to mobilize keywords. Find low-volume keywords and write/prepare alluring content on them.
- Ignore CPC and PPC while research. When your site gets huge traffic, focus on CPC/PPC.
KW Research Techniques for SEO
Without SEO strategies, no website can rank nowadays. Search engines are smart now and they update their robot files quarterly. Every update has a lot of technical alterations and modifications. No one knows what’s in it so it is better to keep searching in organic ways. For beginners and organic researchers, here I enlisted major techniques-
- Start with the major keyword of your niche. Analyze keywords and put relevant words on the google search box.
- Put alphabets from A-Z sequentially and see the suggestions from google. Note down some classy, unique, and attractive keywords.
- Select the attractive keyword (or word stream) now and write on the google search box. Repeat the previous step and fetch more unique keywords.
- Once there is no suggestion while searching, try to make content on that particular topic. If you are a blogger/writer, write at least 800-2k words for that topic.
- Always use google images or self-made images in any article. Never use any image that has watermarks.
- Google’s keyword planner is a detailed version of the free keyword research technique. Create an account and set the parameter. Log in to the account and search keywords there. It will show you a lot of keywords, competitions, CPC/PPC, average ranking, and search volumes.
- Semscoop’s keyword research technique is great for beginners. It is reliable, user-amicable, informative, and fabulous. It works perfectly for free users.
- Keyword.io helps to find tons of keywords for a single word. You have to register before unlimited usage. The registration is free/paid. Paid version will provide competitor analysis, traffic analysis, estimated views, and many more.
- Use negative keywords to filter targeted audiences. Negative keywords will provide more accuracy for your niche.
- Answer the public is a good site for free keyword researching. You may try this for smarter keyphrases.